Position Location: Vancouver/Victoria
Date Posted: April 11, 2018
Deadline: Open until filled
SEEKING: A digital engagement specialist who follows climate and energy issues closely and wants to apply their skills and creativity to building awareness and support for clean energy solutions among a variety of target audiences and across digital channels.
About This Job
The Digital Engagement Specialist is responsible for creating and curating engaging digital communications materials for social media to help build awareness and support for clean energy solutions among target audiences across digital platforms. This role requires both hands-on graphic design/content creation skills. This position is best-suited to a candidate with experience in digital media/brand content development and some degree of online organizing/engagement.
The Digital Engagement Specialist reports to the Engagement Manager and works collaboratively with the other members of the Clean Energy Canada team.
The position will be located in Clean Energy Canada’s Vancouver or Victoria offices. However, applicants with a history of remote working within Canada will also be considered.
To excel in this role, you need to be:
- Digitally fluent with proven experience developing multimedia content and engagement strategies for various social media platforms, executing campaigns and measuring impact
- A skilled analyst capable of developing personae and segmentation strategies to inform content targeting
- A storyteller and content creator with a knack for making technical material compelling, accessible and relevant to various target audiences
- A critical thinker and data-driven strategist, capable of interpreting complex analytics and adapting tactics and plans according to emerging trends and insights
- A detail-oriented doer who takes initiative and gets things done efficiently without compromising the quality or accuracy of their work
- A creative and critical thinker who thrives when experimenting and adapting to a rapidly shifting context
- Self-directed, assertive and capable of both generating great ideas and following through to implement them
- Aware of current trends, news coverage and various perspectives related to energy, environment and climate policy across Canada
- Adept at tailoring tone, visual content and framing of communications materials to best resonate with target audiences
- Flexible, self-aware, highly motivated and open to feedback
About Clean Energy Canada
Leading-edge communication has been a pillar of our success to date, and is one the reasons thought leaders turn to Clean Energy Canada for the policy analysis, data and insight they need to better understand and advance Canada’s energy transition.
Our team is small but mighty. We strive to be innovative, collaborative, data-driven and responsive to shifts in the political and policy landscape. We work in a fast-paced environment where clear and engaging communications matters and where each individual’s contribution counts.
The Digital Engagement Specialist will be expected to:
- Execute the social media elements of Clean Energy Canada’s engagement strategy and develop targeted and engaging content that reflects Clean Energy Canada’s brand, voice and expertise while raising our profile among key audiences
- Plan, write, and edit engaging copy for social materials across print and digital platforms (WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) including but not limited to social postcards, GIFs, video, website content, email campaigns, landing pages, blogs, print and digital advertising, etc.
- Be responsible for delivering on social media post and advert deployment including signing off, booking and scheduling content for maximum community engagement.
- Evaluate analytics, track monthly social media metrics and contribute to quarterly and annual internal engagement and communications reporting and analysis
- Coordinate and manage the technical elements of hosting our Clean Energy Live webinars and speaking events
- Promote Clean Energy Canada’s publications and events across various channels and amplify their reach and impact through collaboration with partners
- Write, edit and/or proofread blogs, op-eds and other materials as needed
- Maintain up-to-date contact records in the organization’s CRM system (Batchbook)
Qualifications and Skills Required
- An undergraduate degree and at least two years of professional experience in communications, digital content development and marketing, online organizing or journalism
- Demonstrated experience developing, executing and evaluating social media campaigns
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) and audio/video editing software
- Experience developing website content using WordPress or a similar CMS (front-end only)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, including working with styles and templates and the ability to train or support others on the team
- Experience using MailChimp (or a similar service) for direct email marketing
- Working experience with CRM database management, using Batchbook or a similar system (e.g. Maximizer, Salesforce, Constant Contact)
- Demonstrated expertise in managing creative and/or communications projects
- Proven time management skills and experience juggling competing deadlines and priorities
- Impeccable English spelling and grammar, adhering to Canadian Press style conventions
Clean Energy Canada offers a competitive non-profit salary, vacation and health benefits package. This position is a one-year contract with the possibility of extension and potential for growth.
How to Apply
If you think this position sounds like a great fit for you, please submit a cover letter, resume and a sample of your work demonstrating your digital/creative content production skills and experience running digital campaigns to firstname.lastname@example.org, following these instructions:
- Your resume and cover letter must be submitted as one PDF file and named in this format: LastName_FirstInitial_CEC_Digital_Engagement_Application_2018.pdf
- Cover letters should be no more than two pages, enclosed with your resume (not simply pasted into an email) and addressed to Naomi Devine, Engagement Manager.
- Work samples can be submitted digitally or in PDF format. Please include any links to digital content on a separate page in your application, not in the body of your application email.
NOTE: Applications that do not adhere to these format and naming conventions will not be considered.
Clean Energy Canada is an equal-opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressions of interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be considered as soon as they are received, and this competition will remain open until the position is filled. The ideal start date for the successful applicant is May 15, 2018.